This tart is so easy to make and it is scrumptious. Since I made it for two of us, I halved the recipe that I usually make for parties etc. When serving many people I cut it into one inch squares and place in cupcake papers. This full recipe is made in a half sheet pan. I use a quarter sheet pan for the half recipe.Line either size with parchment paper.
- Half a package of phyllo, thawed.
- 6 onions
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Onion Sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 box (5.2 oz) Boursin Cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- juice & zest of one lemon (Meyer if you can get it)
- Salt and Pepper
- Splash of olive oil
Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Make caramelized onions by sauteeing the sliced onions in a little olive oil. Add the sweet onion sugar. cook down on low for an hour, stirring frequently. Allow to cool slightly,
- Lay out the Phyllo dough, cover with plastic wrap and top with a wet kitchen towel.
- Lay out two sheets of phyllo on to the baking sheet, then brush with olive oil and continue the process until all of the sheets have been laid out. Keep replacing the plastic and towel in between layers. Some of the phyllo should hang over the edge. Brush a layer of oil on the top sheet.
- Spread the onions out evenly on the phyllo
- Crumble the cheese over the onions
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Toss the arugula with the lemon juice and olive oil, then top the tart with it.
- Lay the tart out on a cutting board (just pull the paper out onto the board) and cut with a pizza cutter.
This can be served warm or room temperature. It keeps for a week in an air tight container.